Today is a historic day for India. The ambitious 41129 crore Swaraj Budget unveiled key improvements and allocations to multiple sectors in the economy.
Swaraj Budget highlights
- CCTV cameras to be installed in all government schools.
- Students to be provided collateral-free loans up to Rs. 10 lakh for higher education, at lower interest rates.
- Cash-strapped municipal corporations to get Rs. 5,908 crore.
- Rs. 4787 crore allocated for health. 100 new hospitals to be added under Private Public Partnership (PPP) model.
- No new tax and no increase in VAT and other taxes on essential goods.
- 10,000 new buses, CCTV cameras in all DTC buses and cluster buses (private buses that operate on DTC routes) in the city to ensure safety of women.
- Rs. 3,656 crore allocated for reviving and beautifying river Yamuna.
Text Source : NDTV