We all love the sensationally hot ‘Waka Waka’ and ‘Hips Don’t Lie’ singer. Shakira is a Grammy-winning Latina pop singer, a philanthropist, activist, wife and mother. Youth Incorporated wishes her a very happy 39th birthday and reveals 10 unknown facts about her! It will definitely make you fall more in love with her.
- Her full name is Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll.
2. She is the youngest of eight siblings.
3. Shakira is Arabic for “Grateful” or “full of grace”.
4. Her Lebanese Grandmother taught her the art of belly dancing so she can stay true to her Middle Eastern Roots.
5. She recorded her very first album when she was only thirteen.
6. One of her first songs was called ‘Tus Gafas Oscuras’ (Your Dark Glasses), at her father’s grief at the loss of his son in a car accident.
7. She’s fluent in Portuguese, English, Italian, Spanish and Arabic.
8. Shakira doesn’t drink coffee or alcohol, doesn’t smoke and nor does she have any tattoos on her body.
9. If she wasn’t a singer she would like to be a psychologist or an astronomer.
10. Her favourite flowers are sunflowers and daisies.
11. Her nickname is Shaki.
12. She is a huge fan of Gloria Estefan and appreciates what she has done for Latin music.
13. Her favourite colours are black and white.
14. Shakira loves chocolates but isn’t fond of candy.
15. She does not like her ears so that she does not like her hair up and often tries to cover them while her hair is arranged in ponytails.