From being a lawyer to a successful model and now a chef, Joey Matthew has embarked on several journeys. She was born to Malyali parents, raised in Europe and the Middle East and has travelled extensively since. This exposure to various cultures is reflected in her culinary skills. Joey now hosts the popular show ‘Love Bites’ on NDTV Good Times, where she dishes out mouth watering recipes every week.
Stewed Fruits With Mascarpone
50 grams castor sugar
1 cinnamon stick
2 tablespoons rosewater
2 tablespoons of dark rum
- Wash and dry the fruits. Cut them into wedges.
- In a saucepan, mix sugar, cinnamon stick, rosewater, rum and bring it to the boil.
- Now lower the heat to minimum and add the fruits and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Occasionally stir very gently.
- While the fruits are simmering, you can prepare the mascarpone cream and biscuit butter.
Mascarpone Cream & Biscuit Layer
2 packets of butter digestive biscuits
2 tablespoons of mascarpone cheese
½ cup of double cream
¼ cup of castor sugar
2 tablespoons of rum
- Crush the biscuits to make crumbs and keep aside
- Whisk mascarpone cheese, double cream, castor sugar and rum together in a bowl till light and airy.
- In a glass, layer the fruits at the bottom, then layer the biscuits and top it up with a layer of cream. Garnish with a wedge of stewed fruit.
Volume 2 Issue 1