Some films are more than entertainment, they are the creation of the most genius minds. These films cannot just be watched but need to be savored. Listed below are the top 10 films we think you should not miss.
- Inglourious Bastards: The fictional film is about a group of Jewish- American soldiers who plan to kill the Nazi-German officers that captured France. However their plan coincides with Shoshana, a theatre owner, who wants to take revenge for her family’s death. The master piece is written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. Christoph Waltz’s and Brad Pitt’s acting is simply outstanding.
- Schindler’s List: After witnessing the persecution of Jewish workers by Nazis, mill owner Oskar Schindler reaches out to help them and saves many lives. The film is based on a true story directed by film maestro Steven Spielberg. When watching the film please sit with a tissue paper box on your lap. Starring in the film is Liam Neeson and like his other solid hits, he will surely gain your respect for his acting in this film.
- The Shawshank Redemption: Successful banker, Andy Dufresne is sentenced to life imprisonment for allegedly murdering his wife and her lover. However he becomes an eccentric prisoner. The story is originally written by Stephan King and the film is made by Frank Darabount. Tim Robbins plays a protagonist and Morgan Freeman is the supporting lead.
- Forrest Gump: The comedy-romantic American film drama is about a man with a low IQ who finds him to be part of many historical events such as Vietnam War. The self-narrative story is hilarious and absolutely fun to watch. Starring Tom Hanks the film is directed by Robert Zemeicks and is based on the novel Forrest Gump by Winston Grove.
- The Breakfast Club: When five high school teenagers of different stereotypes spend a Saturday together in detention they discover that they have more in common than they thought. The comedy- drama is written and directed by John Hughes.
- Up! : The American 3D animated film is about the 73 year old widower, Carl Fredrickson and young Russell, who goes on an unpredictable adventure. The initial seven minutes of the movie is the most adorable part and should not be missed. The film is a work of Pete Doctor, Bob Peterson and producer Jonas Rivera. The story is written by Bob Peterson, Pete Doctor and Tom McCarthy.
- The Pursuit of Happyness: The American biographical drama is about a struggling homeless salesman who takes custody of his son. The film is based on the life of American entrepreneur, investor and motivational speaker Chris Gardener. Will and Jaden Smiths’ remarkable acting makes this film an absolutely must watch. Steve Conrad and Gabriele Muccino have written and directed the film. It stars Will Smith, Jaden Smith and Thandie Newton.
- Taare Zameen Par: Ram Shankar Nikumbh helps young Ishaan, a dyslexic student who stumbles in his academics, discover his talents and regain his confidence. The brilliant piece of cinematic art is directed and written by Amole Gupte, an acclaimed director who made several films on problems faced by children in society. After the film released many schools and education institutions started taking note of the issue. In the film, Aamir Khan and Darsheel Safari play the role of Ram Shankar Nikumbh, the teacher and Ishaan Awasthi, as the student.
- Fight Club: Frustrated with his dull life, an insomniac white collar worker along with Tyler Durden, an enigmatic stranger, starts an underground fight club. Besides the magnificent story the film has one more good reason to watch. Starring in this film are Edward Norton, Helena Bonham Carter and Brad Pitt. The film is directed by David Fincher and written by Chuck Palahnuik.
- A Beautiful Mind: Mathematic wizard and Harvard professor John Nash, enacted by Russell Crowe, encounters a psychological disorder but with the help of his spouse, Alice Larde (Jennifer Connelly), he manages to overcome his struggle. A beautiful mind is a classic romantic that will melt your heart even if romance is not your genre. The film consists of Russell Crowe’s finest performance that will make you applaud at the end. Jennifer Connelly also played the role of Alice Larde very well. This non-fiction is based on the novel A Beautiful Mind by Sylvia Nasar.
(Images via Internet)