Working out has become a lifestyle choice for most of us. We’d take that extra spin class or an early morning boot camp session over sleep to make ourselves productive. But I’m sure balancing a good social life, a 9-5 job, self-care and a good 7-8 hours of sleep for any of us. Huge chunk of time has already been taken off our day, barely making the cut. So naturally we have to take short cuts to make it on time for everything. That means carrying your beauty products in your gym bag with you.
Besides the sweat patches and congested skin, our pores tend to open up when our body temperature rises. It may seem positive, but mixed with dust, impurities and sweat, it could result in acne.
Here are 10 ways to fight it all.
- Most likely, your gym bag is already stocked up obvious products like deodorant, face wipes, lip balm etc. If you don’t have time for a proper shower and you need to be somewhere at the earliest, you need a “shower in a bottle.” These are cleansing products and wipes for both your body and face which will get the job done and will remove sweat and odor in minutes. Dry shampoo is the right oil-absorbing product for greasy hair that is both fool-proof and ultra-travel-friendly.
- After your skin has been cleansed, a portable mineral foundation and brush duo is a must for when you have to rush for a meeting after the gym. Usually mineral foundations have light coverage, SPF and great skincare properties.
- Blotting sheets will help absorb the extra oil from the scalp and the dry shampoo sheets will deposit a thin layer of scented dry shampoo for a fresh look.
- During workout, blood capillaries broaden causing a flushed effect on the skin that can take hours to go down afterwards. To help accelerate the cool-down process, try applying a quick, redness-reducing mask to the skin while you do other things to save time.
- Shower sheets are the new trend for gym freaks. It’s great for cleaning and filled with refreshing scent to fight germs and filth without any water.
- Body breakouts are an unfortunate side effect of working out. Yes, butt acne is a real thing. Besides a thorough shower, there’s another way to prevent it. Salicylic Acid treatments or a portable spray that blasts away oil works wonders.
- Your face and body aren’t the only areas where sweat settles. Damp shoes and feet can easily become a feeding ground for hiding bacteria that can quickly lead to a terrible infection. That’s when a foot powder saves the day. It soaks up extra moisture and deodorizes your feet to prevent the horrendous stink from spoiling your shoes.
- Dealing with sweaty hair is a nightmare, when your hand itches to keep it tied in an elastic band. But wet hair is more prone to breaking. Therefore, use a brush detangler to comb your hair before continuing with your day.
- If your skin tends to get very inflamed, you might be super uncomfortable. Use a cooling gel to soothe the irritated skin and restore moisture in your skin cells.
- We know that cleansing wipes aren’t the most ecofriendly, there is another alternative. A no rinse foaming body wash is great to refresh yourself without water. Use a product infused with aloe to make your skin feel supple.
Let’s get ready to gear up those gym bags, and balance our time!