Countries such as the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc. apart from being the tourist destinations are also the most popular study abroad destinations for many Indian students who aspire to study abroad. Additionally, countries like Singapore, France, Malaysia, Dubai, and Germany, are also recently becoming the upcoming study abroad destinations.
There are innumerable reasons why increasing numbers of Indian students are flying off to foreign land for pursuing higher education. One of the most common reason is the lack of proper educational infrastructure in the country. Second being, the global exposure one gets on studying abroad. Third and most important one, the humongous amount of valuable knowledge one gets exposed to.
Those who recognize the value an international education and degree adds to life, start chalking out their study abroad plan without wasting any time.
If you wish to be one of those, it is crucial to understand the benefits of studying abroad. Studying abroad leads to:
- Self-Growth: Getting out of your comfort zone is a prerequisite to self-growth and self-development. By travelling abroad to study, you learn to live by yourself without depending on anyone, especially your parents. You start taking your own decisions and also face its consequences solely, be it good or bad. Studying abroad makes you a capable and responsible independent individual.
- International Exposure: By studying abroad, one gets a global perspective of how things operate. Students learn to think, analyze, and solve problems appropriately. Studying abroad makes students ready to face the challenges of the global market. Not just this, but by studying abroad, students receive rich knowledge and experience which puts them above others.
- Bright Career Opportunities: Education from abroad guarantees a bright future to all. Acquiring an international degree adds great value to one’s resume. It opens up wide opportunities to students. Recruiters look out for candidates that hold rich educational qualifications while offering a job in their company. Moreover, the institution/university you graduate from greatly influences the recruiter’s decision.
- Understanding of Cultures: When you travel from your home country to a foreign country, experience a completely different culture. Customs and traditions of every country differ from that of the other. The local culture, language, tone of speaking, food, etc. will all be different but worth experiencing. Moreover, there will be students coming from different nationalities and cultural backgrounds, which will further open you up to their cultures too. This wide exposure will increase your social knowledge and tech you to accept and respect different cultures.
- Developing of Language Skills: Countries like UK, USA, Canada and Australia are rich English-speaking countries. Staying in these countries and interacting with the citizens daily, highly hones one’s English speaking skills. The non-English speaking countries like France too, teach International students their own language, thus increasing the student’s knowledge.
- Diverse Courses Options: Unavailability of courses of one’s choice is a major reason why Indian students choose to study abroad. The very decision of studying abroad opens up various career and course options to choose from. With universities across the world offering a large diversity of courses, every student is sure to find some or the other course that suits his/her interest.
- Large Network: There is so much more to studying abroad than just studying. International students studying in a particular university end up making friendly as well as professional networks by the end of their study duration. These networks are built during campus activities, by attending workshops and seminars, by participating in events, festivals and competitions, or by merely interacting with people at various events and exchanging contact details, help in a large way in the future. Studying abroad thus opens up students to a variety of people having rich and diverse backgrounds.
- An Experience of Lifetime: Studying abroad is a life changing decision one makes. Travelling to a different country and studying there for a period ranging from 6 months to as long as 4 years is not easy. When students travel to different countries to pursue higher education, they develop a complete new personality that speaks high of their knowledge, experience, confidence, intelligence, and capabilities. Studying abroad grooms students to conduct themselves professionally in whichever corner of the world they go.
If you are thinking to pursue higher studies from abroad, you might just be a few steps away from earning a bright future.