* The Rhodes Scholarship, named after Cecil John Rhodes, is an international postgraduate award for selected foreign students to study at the University of Oxford. It describes itself as “perhaps the most prestigious scholarship” in the world.
* Rhodes Scholars may study any full-time postgraduate course offered by the university, whether a taught master’s programme, a research degree, or a second undergraduate degree (senior status). University and college fees are paid by the Rhodes Trust.
* In addition, scholars receive a monthly maintenance stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses.
* Each year, there are five Scholarships available for India to enable outstanding students – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service – to study at the University of Oxford.
* Academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements, and to give confidence that Rhodes Scholars will perform to a high academic standard in Oxford.
* For more information regarding the scholarship, kindly visit the website http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/
Volume 5 Issue 10