After the massive success of Jio sim cards, Mukesh Ambani the managing director of Reliance is once again ready to take the Indian markets by storm. Today at their annual AGM he announced the launch of its much talked about 4G phone, which is named as JioPhone – India Ka Smart Phone.
Like the Jio sim cards were free for a period of time, the JioPhone will also be available for free but buyers will have to deposit an amount of Rs 1500 which will be refundable after three years. This means the phone will be available effectively free.
“It is made in India by the young Indians,” Isha Ambani said this while announcing the launch of the JioPhone along with her brother Akash Ambani
Akash Ambani also said ”Bhasha anek but Bharat ek hai” referring to the 22 languages available in the phone features.
Below are the certain things you need to know about the JioPhone
- New data plans starting from Rs.153 only for the device per month
- It comes with a digital voice assistant, support for the digital payments
- Will come with dedicated Jio plans, voice calls free
- The smart phone will come with all inbuilt Jio applications like JioCinema, Jio Music
- 2.4-inch display QVGA display
- Dual SIM functionality, 2-megapixel rear camera, VGA front camera
- 4GB of internal storage, and 512 MB of RAM
- The phone has 22 languages set
Voice enabled activation of calling or messaging is a new feature which is the most attractive in this phone on the lines of Siri from Apple phones.
Meanwhile, the company has also launched a device called Jio phone Cable TV at Rs 309 per month using which you can connect the JioPhone with any TV and not just a smart TV. Users can opt for Rs 309 that will allow them to watch video of their choice for 3-4 hours on large screen.
This is definitely a great move for the rural market as we all know they cannot afford the other smart phones which are priced at a higher rate.
The Jio Phone will be available for user testing in beta from August 15. Pre-orders start from August 24. The customers who would pre-ordered the phone will be available to them from September onwards.
So look forward to the reviews of the phone soon. Are you going to get one too?