Well, if she is not wow-ing you with her food on Mummy Ka Magic, she is only impressing you with her wonderful smile in the television ads and programmes that come to your living room or with cameos in runaway hits like the Salman starrer Ready. Meet Amrita Raichand as she produces one of the most decadent shakes for all those who can’t live without chocolate.
MUDDY BUDDY – CHOCO-BANANA SHAKE
Milk 2 cups
drink mix or cocoa powder 3 tablespoons
Sugar 2 tablespoons
For garnish and decoration:
- In a blender, combine banana, milk, chocolate drink mix and sugar. Add a little chocolate syrup and blend until smooth.
- Decorate the insides of a tall glass with chocolate syrup and pour the chocolate shake in it.
- Top with whipped cream and decorate with sliced bananas and glazed cherries on a satay stick.
- Sprinkle some grated chocolate and serve.
Preparation time – 5 mins
- One plain milk chocolate candy bar has more protein than a banana.
- Bananas are a good source of vitamin C, potassium and dietary fibre.
- The phrase ‘going bananas’ was first recorded in the Oxford English Dictionary and is linked to the fruit’s ‘comic’ connections with monkeys.
- There are more than 500 varieties of banana in the world.
- Containing three natural sugars, sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with fibre, a banana gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy. Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruit with the world’s leading athletes.
Volume 1 Issue 5