DU CHANGES ADMISSION PROCESS
* Delhi University has appointed a 23-member committee to review the admission requirements and criteria before the actual process commences.
* Admission using sports quota has been refurbished.
* For admission under sports quota, the committee has recommended a prolific fitness test.
* Entire admission process to be online from next academic session.
* The committee has also decided that students who take a gap year will not be disadvantaged for doing so. Rather, they will be treated at par with freshers.
* As for students who wish to pursue B.Com (Hons) or Economics courses, it will be obligatory to have mathematics as a subject.
BML MUNJAL UNIVERSITY ENGAGES KPMG AS ACADEMIC PARTNER
* KPMG will provide training for BMU’s MBA students on Forensic Accounting and Corporate Fraud.
* On a non-exclusive basis, KPMG will prepare the course structure, develop course content, make suitable technical faculties available for delivering training to participants.
* KPMG has also partnered with BML Munjal University to offer KPMG Course for Accounting Professionals (KCAP) programme to the students enrolled by the University in BBA and B.Com (Hons) programme, starting in 2015.
* In addition, KPMG will also provide the students access to its LMS (Learning Management System) support covering session videos and presentations, and features like ‘Ask An Expert’ and assessments.
* Mentored by Imperial College London, ranked 2nd in the QS World University Rankings, with academic support from the distinguished faculty of BML Munjal University and KPMG, this unique programme offers a new career alternative to students of commerce, CA, ICWA, CS and allied areas.
IMT GHAZIABAD AWARDED FOR DISTANCE/OPEN LEARNING
* Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad, was awarded the Best Institute in Distance/Open Learning accolade at the 8th ASSOCHAM Education Summit and National Excellence Awards 2015.
* The Institute was felicitated for its innovation-led education, world-class infrastructure and
* The two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) aims to provide students an opportunity to develop management skills and compete successfully in the global business environment, while one-year PGDM (Executive) program is specially designed for individuals looking to take on bigger and key roles in their organizations and businesses.
* IMT-CDL also has a virtual campus calledEdu-Genie which allows busy working executives to access highly interactive learning courseware, watch insightful learning videos, practice mock tests, and collaborate with peers on the Go and 24×7.
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE AND NAVITAS TO PROVIDE INDIAN STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIPS
* The University of New Hampshire, a top ranked public research university in America, in partnership with Navitas, a prominent worldwide education benefactor, seeks to make high quality education from a world-class university available to deserving Indian students.
* The university offers an array of majors in engineering, sciences, business and liberal arts.
* Scholarships are offered to high reaching students in their particular choice of programme.
* The following kinds of scholarships are out:
o $10,000 academic excellent ambassador scholarship.
o 20% academic merit scholarship.
o 10% early bird scholarship (Need Based)
GIA TO BRING GRADUATE GEMOLOGY DIPLOMA PROGRAMME TO DELHI
* Beginning 18 June 2015, Gemological Institute of America (GIA) will offer its internationally recognised Graduate Gemologist (GG) diploma programme in Delhi which will give students access to world-class education in gemmology.
* Taught by experienced instructors, the course teaches students the grading and identification skills to prepare for a career as a buyer, appraiser, retailer or other gem and jewellery professional.
* In the 26-week GG programme, that combines theory with practical handson learning, students gain both technical expertise and practical skills to evaluate gemstones using the
GIA-developed 4Cs of diamond quality, the International Diamond Grading System, and the Coloured Stone Grading System.
* The Graduate Gemologist diploma programme will be held at GIA’s classroom in Delhi. For more details about the course and about GIA in India, visit www.giaindia.in
Volume 4 Issue 12