Currently, Tableau is one of the most powerful and fastest-growing business intelligence and analytics platforms in the industry. It helps users explore and analyze data, and share insights that are changing the way businesses are operating. It is changing intuition driven decisions to data-driven business decisions.
Tableau’s interface is designed for a natural and seamless flow of thought and actions. It is empowering millions of users and organizations to understand their data and present it in a compelling way using easy but powerful graphs, dashboards, and stories. This is enabling decision-makers to make the best use of their data.
Advantages of Tableau
- Tableau can connect with data from almost any system, and turn it into actionable insights with speed and ease.
- Tableau has a user-friendly, simple, and intuitive workspace with numerous in-built features.
- Visualizations created can be shared securely across the organization.
- As data variety, visualization requirements, and businesses change, Tableau is continuously improving and supporting customer’s evolving needs. They also have a huge database of training videos and materials.
- Tableau has significant contributions in advanced analytics and predictive modeling which can help us build complete and sophisticated analytics projects in just a few hours!
- A simple drag and drop will be translated into a query by Tableau in the background using VizQL. Hence, no coding is required from the user.
Benefits of Earning Tableau Certifications
With Tableau’s well-established position in the market for data visualization, certification of Tableau skills can present a lucrative path to career growth. It not only boosts your confidence but provides the ability to showcase your skills and stand out from the crowd.
Official Tableau certification from Tableau substantiates that you have good knowledge of the tested skills. It also proves that you can work in a fast-paced environment in a quick and timely manner which is a critical competency. This recognized stamp of approval gives confidence to hiring managers.
Benefits of Certification
- Given the upsurge in data generation and importance of analyzing this data, and Tableau’s proven ability to deliver outstanding results, Tableau certified professionals with in-depth knowledge and experience are in great demand.
- Tableau expertise can help you switch roles or get a new role with below job titles:
- Tableau Consultant
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Business Intelligence Manager
- Tableau is being used in many sectors like Education, Finance, Health care, Social Sector, and many more. Prime organizations like Facebook, General Motors, Dell, Verizon, KPMG, Cognizant, TCS, Bank of America, Accenture, Sony Electronics, etc. are on a frequent lookout for expert Tableau talent.
- The increasing trend of the pay scale graph of Tableau professionals is very promising and one of the important reasons for getting certified. Tableau professionals are paid for the best salary package in the IT industry.
- If you are thinking of using Tableau in your organization, certification will provide the best overview of how Tableau works and in what way it can fit into your organization.
For the eighth consecutive year, Tableau is recognized as a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms.
Tableau is always evolving and adding new features as the industry requirements grow. No doubt, Tableau professionals have a bright future as Tableau continues to be in high demand!
Tableau provides five different kinds of certifications under two categories:
- Tableau Desktop: Specialist, Certified Associate, and Certified Professional
- Tableau Server: Certified Associate and Certified Professional
The associate exams demonstrate knowledge but not necessarily expertise. Certified exams are designed with real-world problems and best practices and they certify your expertise.
Preparing for Certifications
There are a number of ways to learn Tableau and prepare for certifications. Tableau certification training gives you a rapid start to your journey. Tableau training can give an in-depth understanding of different features of Tableau and how to use them in different business scenarios.
You can begin by attending a classroom or online Tableau course. It will prepare you not only for the certification exam with practice questions, tips, and tricks but also give you practice in working on real-life case studies and projects.
Once you equip yourself with the right skills and an in-depth understanding of the tool, a certification will unquestionably set you apart from the competition and open doorways to unparalleled career growth.