Dr. Geeta Oberoi, managing director and founder member of the Skin & You clinic, gives you quick tips on how to manage your skin this summer
NATURAL REMEDIES TO BEAT THE HEAT
* Good hydration is important. Eat lots of fruits with high water content like water melons and lemons. Decrease tea coffee as they dehydrate the skin.
* Avoid stepping out between 10 – 4 as the sun rays are hardest at that time.
* Protect the skin with physical blockers like a cap, bandana or jackets to avoid a tan.
* Use good syndet bars to wash and use a medicated powder to avoid heat rashes. You can also use anti itch lotions this.
* Avene or Evian thermal mist water contains antioxidants minerals, it soothes and refreshes the skin, reinforces the skin’s natural barrier, protects the skin from environmental heat and pollution.
* Calamine lotion contain zinc oxide, keep it in the refrigerator and it works as an antiseptic anti allergic soothing, on heat rash ,anti-itch and on sun burns.
* Acne prone skin can use face masks with keoline or bentonite like acnin face pack.
* Aloevera fresh from the plant or forever living aloevera jelly used cold.
* Aveeno anti itch lotion.
SUN PROTECTION AND HYDRATION WOULD BE THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
* Sun protection is most important. Use a good matte light weight sunscreen, non comedogenic with a good SPF. You can try the La Shied sunscreen or the bio derma range of sunscreens. For people who cannot tolerate sunscreen, you can use a plain zinc oxide containing sunscreen like sunkroma nano.
* Avoid using any lightening creams in the day as the sun is too sharp and theses harm than help the skin.
Happy Summer !
Volume 5 Issue 10