ALONG WITH PORTALS FOR CLOTHES. GADGETS AND EVERYTHING ELSE UNDER THE SUN. COMES AN ONLINE CAR PORTAL. WHO WOULD’VE THOUGHT THAT WE WOULD BROWSE THROUGH CARS ON THE INTERNET FOR REASONS OTHER THAN JUST CHECKING OUT WHAT’S NEW
What seemed like something we would never possibly do is now a reality. Not one or two, but there are a dozen online car portals active in our country today. You need not spend time making a trip to the showroom just to have a look at your options. You can now do that whilst sitting on your couch and ofcourse, with good Wi-Fi. Online car portals aren’t the only thing that’s making buying cars easier today. If you’ve always wanted to own a Mercedes or an Audi but the prices were kind of steep, well, now you can. Be it an Audi, Mercedes, Jaguar, Porsche or BMW, each of the cars being sold are subjected to a grueling series of quality and performance tests before being put up for sale.
As the 10th largest automobile industry in the world, India is becoming a major global industry in the coming years. Also more foreign firms are already starting their production plants in India to acquire their share in the growing market.
A certified pre-owned car differs from other used cars by having been inspected, refurbished, and certified by a manufacturer or other certifying authority. They also typically include an extended warranty, special financing, and additional benefits.
USED CAR CERTIFICATION
Some dealerships that make it easier to own a pre-used certified luxury car are:
1. Mahindra First Choice
2. Audi Approved Plus
3. Hyundai H Promise
4. Tata Motors Assured
5. Honda Auto Terrace
6. Maruti True Value
7. Toyota U Trust
Mercedes-Benz launched its new Pre-Owned car brand, ‘Mercedes-Benz Certified’ in India in December 2014 by the simultaneous inauguration of 12 new ‘Mercedes-Benz Certified’ outlets across India. The new brand will provide the pre-owned car customers an experience equivalent to a new car purchase, offering high-end facilities, infrastructure, tailor-made financing options, warranty and service packages. This new brand is designed specifically for the Indian market. Although the Indian market is seeing a growth in the purchase of pre-owned cars, this trend dates back to the 1990’s when Luxury marques Lexus and Mercedes-Benz were among the first to create CPO programs in the 1990s.
Although buying a vehicle today is made more convenient thanks to development in technology, there are still a few pointers you need to keep in mind while making a purchase:
1. Check the pricing online or with the dealers on the car you intend to buy, used or new. Look at related variants to know about other options if you are willing to spend more or less.
2. You must determine how much you can put down in cash and plan for repayment of loans and/or insurance that you will incur by this purchase.
3. You must ensure that there are maintenance services for that car available at your location and that you are picking a model whose spare parts are easily available.
4. Ensure the paper work: It may be possible that you are lured into buying a stolen auto by a tempting price. This makes it important to ensure the paperwork is done properly before finalizing the deal.
5. Inspect the car: An individual may allow you to get the car checked from a mechanic but a dealer may not be that interested. In those cases don’t refrain from checking the car on your own.