Ayushi Shah, a Mumbai-based confectionnaire who helms the dessert outfit Icing on Top, offers a unique way to spread love this Valentine’s Day in the form of miniature goodies. Ayushi specialises in customisation and she plays with flavours and shapes to make desserts that are eggless and wholly vegetarian.
For the biscuits:
50 ml cream
250 g flour
125 g unsalted butter
50 g custard powder
125 g castor sugar
200 g toasted flaked
For the Chocolate Ganache:
200 g Belgian Chocolate, chopped
100 g cream
20 g butter
1. Mix together the flour, sugar, almonds and custard powder. Lightly blend the
butter and cream together in the flour mixture.
2. Combine the dough together, making sure not to knead too much. Roll into
7 mm thickness, use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut hearts. Re-use the trimmings.
3. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Line a baking tray with butter paper.
4. Bake the cookies for approximately 8 minutes depending on the size.
5. Remove and let cool.
6. Boil cream, whisking gently. Add to chopped chocolate, whisk well until combined. Whisk in butter. Cool slightly.
7. Turn over half the hearts (the flat underside should be facing the top). Smear on some chocolate, and top with another cookie, sandwiching the chocolate. Set in the fridge for an hour.
8. Drizzle with chocolate and serve.
Volume 2 Issue 8