Writing essays is a kind of art. As every kind of art it requires much training. It is not a secret that knowledge is the first brick of every activity, but the practice is the second but not less important. When we discuss the question of fast writing, we must understand that the quality of what you tell about must be the same, as you write it without time limits. We are talking about how to write fast and get an excellent score for your essay.
Some universities make an experiment to discover how students act in stressful situations. For example, they give twice more tasks for the exam and don’t explain which of them are more important for the score. Another way of checking reactions is to give questions that were not present on the list of questions for preparation. Ingenuity and speed of adaptation sometimes mean more for your educational success than fundamental knowledge. So if you get into such a situation and need to write a fast and brilliant essay, we have some advice that must perfectly influence your results.
Preparation Before Writing
Here are some extra activities you may consider that will help you to be more ready to write fast (without compromising on quality) in an exam. Often, students think that just writing standard essays at home is enough, but unfortunately, it is not true. What you need to do is to put yourself into the situations that are close to the exam setting and work on specific parts of essay writing in the exam. Here are some of them:
- Read a lot of examples. Read, read and read again. Read not only essays but also every quality literature. Journals, magazines, official websites and classical literature instil the taste and insensibly add words and expressions to your mind and language.
- Write on random topics. After reading, the next step is writing. Nothing can replace practice. Open Top college topics and write their own essay without stress and limits. Do it a few times and try to estimate the results or ask someone to do it for you.
- Start writing from the structure. The structure is the best start for every kind of writing. It shows the number of paragraphs and predicts the time you can spend on the whole writing.
- Count the time. Now it’s time to use a timer. Write without hurry and check how many times you spend every paragraph. On a real exam, you can make an informed decision if you need to exclude or cut some parts of your essay.
- Discover the most popular general topics. Now it is time to prepare for the exact kind of writing. You can’t predict the topic you will get, but you can formalize yourself with the main trends. And you probably will get one of them so it won’t be a surprise so you can write your best.
- Limit writing time. Finally, practising time limitation. Use random topics, choose the amount of time that is less than your average and start. Such kinds of simulation are useful and you will be better with every next essay.
If you don’t have enough time to practice the specifics, and you are not sure that you can perform well at your exam, it is not a bad idea to delegate some of your essays to professionals. Yes, to learn how to write during exams you may want to put some of your standard essay assignments aside. For that, you can address a quality essay writing service such as WriteMyPaperHub.com and order papers online you can afford to delegate. College and high-school students often need some writing help from experts, and here, with a paper written according to their instructions, they receive a sample they can use further. In college, just like in real life, you need to set priorities.
Your Strategy During the Process
- Breathe deeply and calm down. Now you are in an exam and need to write fast. Calm down first of all and remember that you did it before during practice. Spend a few minutes for concentration and start.
- Remember the similar essays you read or wrote. Call to memory for the same topics and decide what paragraphs you want to add to your writing from it.
- Write a structure. Start with a common structure and correct it according to the situation. Act quickly without any doubt.
- Separate the essay into parts and set aside the exact time for every paragraph. Now write an essay itself controlling the time. You trained before to assess accurately the time you need every paragraph, so you will do it easily.
- Leave a few minutes for checking. Reading with a fresh eye is impossible in an exam. But you need to check the writing anyway. Leave some time for it and be careful.
Estimating the Results
- Accept that all is done, and you can’t change what you wrote. When you leave class, you must accept that you are out of the process and you can’t change the situation with this essay. Try to evaluate your essay objectively and impartially in some time. Drink coffee or talk with a friend and then come back to the thoughts about your essay. Give a score to yourself and wait for the official results to compare it. You can’t do more so relax.
- Interrupt your thoughts about that writing and move forward for other tasks. If this essay was very important, you may remember about it again and again. You must stop yourself every time you do it. You must remember that there are a lot of other important tasks and exams you must prepare for. To be good at it, you must be focused without interruptive thoughts.
An essay is a way to express yourself and it is a great opportunity to become heard for every student. Reading improves writing in a lot of ways so, first of all, you must read a lot and any kind of fast writing can’t stress you.