Model, celebrity chef, TV host… Aditya Bal has juggled several roles and donned a number of hats until he found the right one – that of a chef ’s. Being acclaimed designer Rohit Bal’s nephew, the ramp beckoned to him at first, but the call of the kitchen was stronger. Today, Aditya is host and chef of Breaking bread with Bal, a cookery show on TV channel NDTV Good Times.
Recipe: Date Cake (Eggless)
1/2 cup dates
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup white flour
3/4 cup refined oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp almonds
- In a food processor, place dates, sugar and milk and blend well till a smooth paste is formed.
- In a bowl, pour the blended mix; add refined oil, flour, baking powder and mix well with a spatula.
- Sprinkle almonds over the batter.
- Pour in a floured baking dish and set in oven for 30-40 mins at 150 degrees.
- To see whether the cake is done or not, insert a fork through the cake and if it comes clean then the cake is done.
Volume 2 Issue 6