Losing your hair is understandably distressing. Hair is seen as such a powerful emblem of power, vitality, and desire that noticing it start to disappear can cause significant feelings of insecurity. There’s nothing wrong with simply letting your hair do what it wants, but if you would prefer to keep it looking full and thick, a hair transplant is the way to do it.
What is a Hair Transplant?
If you haven’t yet researched the precise details of what a hair transplant is, you may be under the impression that it can look artificial and unconvincing. In the past, hair restoration procedures weren’t able to achieve a natural look because the techniques and technology weren’t yet sophisticated enough. Now, however, hair transplants are more refined and extremely effective for those seeking to restore a full head of hair.
How Are Hair Transplants Performed?
Hair transplant surgery involves several steps. When performed by a skilled specialist, such as those at hshairclinic.co.uk, the process is straightforward and the results are exceptional. Here’s how modern hair transplants take place:
- The patient experiencing hair loss attends a consultation where the surgeon discusses the extent of the hair loss, the patient’s desired outcome, and how to proceed.
- A patch of the patient’s scalp called the donor site is identified by the surgeon. This is where healthy hair follicles will be extracted.
- The follicles are extracted either individually or in a strip of skin, depending on if the surgeon is using FUT (follicular unit transplantation) or FUE (follicular unit extraction) techniques.
- Once the follicles are carefully prepared, the surgeon implants them onto the recipient site, taking care to choose natural-looking placements and angles for the best results.
- The patient will experience some mild discomfort and swelling after the procedure, but within a few days or weeks, the new hair growth will become apparent. This hair can be treated just as hair from non-transplanted areas would.
What Are the Advantages?
Aside from the confidence boost that a healthy head of hair can provide, hair transplants are ideal for anyone looking to restore their hair permanently. Once hair follicles have been transplanted, they are less prone to shedding. Since the hairs already belong to the patient, there’s no risk of them looking unnatural or out of place. It doesn’t take long for recovery and the patient can enjoy treating their hair normally.
Should You Get a Hair Transplant?
It’s always best to make potentially life-changing choices after you know a bit more about what they entail. Deciding whether or not to go through with a hair transplant is extremely personal and shouldn’t be something you rush into. It’s up to you to think about how much your hair loss has impacted your confidence and whether this procedure could help you to feel more like yourself. If you are looking for a permanent, natural-looking, and low-maintenance solution to hair loss, getting a hair transplant could be the right decision for you.