“I am busy, working late. Can’t make it today. We’ll meet some other day.” This will probably be the most used sentence by all of us. The contemporary world is doing a great job of keeping us busy. While there is nothing wrong in being busy, getting busy to an extent where you fail to find time to actually live and breathe is also not very pleasant. Meeting with deadlines, submitting huge reports, cracking deals, attending meetings throughout the day, skipping meals due to work has become life.
It is okay to slow down a bit on the whole “I want to make life happen” plan for a little while. We have become busy to a point where we have forgotten to take care of ourselves. We deserve to take a break from our monotonous routine and pamper ourselves a little, and here are 6 ways how to:
- Travel/Camping: Yes. Travelling helps. Experiencing a completely new environment and weather can help release a great amount of stress. Going out for camping with your friends puts your mind at peace which ultimately makes you feel relaxed. After travelling to someplace new or for camping, you can resume work with a fresh mind.
- How About “Movies and Chill”: Take a day off from work and hit the movie theatres. Losing yourself in a story helps take your mind off from work at least for a few hours. Even better, follow the trend of watching web-series or movies at your home itself. Stuff a bowl with popcorns, sip on a chilled drink, get into your
cozyblankets and fix your eyes on the screen. What better way to chill than this?
- Get a massage: Although a clichéd way of relaxing, this is the exact way to pamper yourself. A perfect massage will soothe your body and help in release stress. While in stress, you feel anxious, frustrated, and exhausted. Getting a massage will help you feel lighter, happy and rejuvenated.
- Eat Your Favorite Food: Did you know that eating your favourite food releases happy hormones? Taking a one day break from your diet and satiating your taste buds can make your body totally fall in love with you. So go ahead and eat all that you love.
- Sleep: By far, this is the easiest and most inexpensive way to pamper yourself. Proper sleep is what we all lack today. Sleeping for a good 8-9 hours will actually refresh your mood. Getting proper sleep increases your attention span and helps you in being more productive at work.
- Hangout With Your Loved Ones: We have stopped making sufficient time for our loved ones. Many families and friends complain
ofnot having quality time to spend together. Take a few days off and do some fun activities with your family and friends. This will actually make you happy as you will realise what you missed out on due to work.
Self-care is something that is absolutely crucial but has been overlooked by many of us. It’s time we address that and start removing time for ourselves, because it is only when we stay happy and stress-free from within that will be able to perform efficiently in our professional lives.