The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) has for a long time been recognized as one of the best ways of identifying bright business minds who want to pursue business-related graduate courses. This exam is used as a pass for you to enter many business schools worldwide. Once you take the GMAT exam, you will be identified with the elites and everyone will be aware of your passion and dedication for business both as a discipline and a career.
The exam is organized into four sections that take a total of about 3hoursand 30minutes (including two optional breaks). Here is a short description of these four sections:
1. Analytical Writing Assessment
This section lasts 30 minutes and consists of 1 question. Here you will be asked to analyze an argument. The scoring is done on a scale of 0-6with an interval of 0.5 points.
2. Integrated Reasoning
This unit has a time limit of 30 minutes and contains12 questions. Here you will be tested on the ability to interpret graphics and analyze tables. Also, you need to show your skills in two-part analysis and multi-source reasoning. This section is assessed on a scale of 1-8 with an interval of 1 point.
3. Quantitative Reasoning
In this section, you need to complete 31 questions in 62 minutes. This part of the test measures your skills related to problem-solving and data sufficiency. This section is graded on a scale of 6-51 with an interval of 1 point.
4. Verbal Reasoning
Here you have 65 minutes to answer 36 questions pertaining to sentence correction, critical reasoning and reading comprehension. The scoring is done on a scale of 6-51 with an interval of 1 point.
Why GMAT Exam is important?
There are compelling reasons as to why you should take GMAT test if you are looking to further your business career.Some of the main reasons include:
1. It refines your communication skills
GMAT test sharpens your business vocabulary and empowers you with the ability to see, analyze, internalize and understand the situation before giving the appropriate feedback.
2. It prepares you to know what to and when
GMAT curriculum enables you to understand the business world much better.This way you can ask the right question at the right time and to the right person.
3. GMAT enables you to know when to take a risk
Through the quantitative analysis, you will be able to know when to take a risk that will turn out to be very profitable for the company. These are the types of risks that managers takeall the time.
4. GMAT enables you to simplify bulky information into understandable proportions
This exam will enable you to see through the fancy business terms that make information look bulky. This will allow you to extract the information you need even from incredibly heavy written texts.
Reasons why GMAT Exam is very popular
The popularity of GMAT exam is significantly different from other tests. Despite the fact that only people who have taken business-related courses can take it, GMAT is still a popular exam. Here are a few reasons for this:
- The exam is difficult and the business world knows it. GMAT exam is not an average test that you will pass easily. The simple fact that it is tough makes it very popular among business schools.
- GMAT is recognized worldwide. Once you have taken yourexam, every business enthusiast and school worldwide will recognize your achievement.
- GMAT is a key to scholarly excellence.Upon completion of your GMAT exam, you will have a pass to pursue any business graduate program.
The Best Way to get Ready for GMAT Exam
Preparing for GMAT exam can be quite problematic given that there is a huge probability you might end up not understanding an entire unit.But do not worry, with the methods mentioned below you will find it manageable.
- You should consider making early preparations to avoid rushing through the notes in the last moment. This will give you enough time to capture what you don’t know andunderstand the concepts better.
- Get appropriate reading material, test papers and anything else that you will find useful to help you familiarize yourself with GMAT exam topics and questions. Practice tests from the ExamSnap website are ideal for this purpose.Visit ExamSnap platform and download practice tests in VCE format early enough to take as many practice questions as possible.
- Get an online tutor. This is the only way you may be able to grasp the concepts you don’t understand.Don’t hesitate to ask questions whenever you need clarification.
- Don’t panic. GMAT is a difficult exam and many people tend to get anxiouswhich makes them fail terribly. Your goal is to stay calm and focused.
- Avoid wasting too much time answering questions you don’t know. This will deny you the chance answering questions you know and so you will lose good marks.
With thesetips, you will pass your GMAT exam and enrollina nice school to get on with your business studies.
What I had to do to Pass my GMAT Exam
Before I enrolled in my GMAT exam,I heard people discussing how hard it is. Although as a business fan, I was shaken.The fear made me start a reading marathon. I recall reading at least 2-3 hours a day. I usually spent most of my time on MBA.com reading all I could find about GMAT and solving practice questions with the help of VCE Exam Simulator.
Some other resources that I also found useful were GMAT flashcards and GMAT study plans.These simple things helped me to prepare adequately for my exam. The minute I finished my GMAT,I was so relieved! I passed thanks to the efficient methods I used.
It is very important that before you go for GMAT exam, you prepare adequately because the test is not like any other. It has been designed to equip you with adequate business knowledge that should get you through the doors of renowned business schools worldwide. Make sure you study and prepare adequately before GMAT exam. Use the above resources for guidance and you will excel. Know that GMAT is one of the best ways to ensuring the continuation of your business career.