KINDLE FIRE HD
This e-book reader lets you read your e-books, magazines and newspapers, surf the net via Wi-Fi and watch movies or television shows in high definition. You can also download and play your favourite games. Screen size 7 inch with internal memory of 16 GB.
* 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and dual-band, dual antenna for quicker downloads
* Dolby audio and dual-driver speakers for virtual surround sound
* Allows you to choose brightness levels instead of standard greyscale levels
* No expandable memory since there is no slot for SD card
* No rear camera and poor quality front camera
It allows you to set up six different profiles in the event that multiple people are using the same device. There are more than three million books available from Barnes & Noble; hence ample reading material is available. Screen size 7 inch with built-in storage space of 8 GB.
* MicroSD card slot
* Quality IPS screen a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels
* Supports up to 6 different users
* Does not offer text-to-speech capabilities
* Lacks built-in HDMI
* Lacks camera
* 11.5 mm thick
* No access to Google Play
SONY READER TOUCH EDITION T2
A compact e-book reader, it has a touch screen with a high contrast display for sharp images. It has a 6 inch screen and comes with up to 2 GB of internal storage.
* Compact and lightweight
* Built-in Wi-Fi
* Supports microSD card up to 32 GB
* Supports Facebook and Evernote applications
* No light-up screen
* Touch interface is not very userfriendly
* Slow performance
* No Twitter support
* No audio support
* The Sony bookstore isn’t as extensive as Amazon’s or Barnes & Noble’s
FINAL VERDICT: If an excellent ebook reader is what you are looking for, shell out a few more rupees because the Amazon Kindle Fire HD will give you the best reading experience ever. It also has a few additional functions which are a plus.
Volume 3 Issue 4