1. WB policeman builds a boarding school for tribal kids, offers free education.
A traffic policeman in Kolkata named Arup Mukherjee has set up a boarding school in Purulia for kids coming from the Sabar Tribe community. Mukherjee’s model school offers accommodation to 126 sabar kids with food and basic education free of cost from his savings.
2. Indian jeweller sets 7,801 diamonds in one ring sets Guinness World Record
Indian jeweller Kotti Srikant has set the Guinness world record for the most diamonds in one ring. He said, “We worked with many flower-based designs. Of these camellia designs allowed an amalgamation of traditional and contemporary thoughts and had the most visual appeal”.
3. Modi Govt to disburse Svanidhi loans to 3 lakh street vendors
The Svanidhi scheme aims at providing a working capital loan of up to RS 10,000 at a subsidized rate of interest. Also, it aims at providing benefits to street vendors or hawkers in urban, semi-urban, and rural areas. All the benefits are rewarded under Pradhan Mantri Street Vendors Atmanirbhar Nidhi.
4. India has potential to shape global agenda: WEF founder
Reflecting on India’s power to build the global agenda, Klaus Schwab, WEF’s Founder and Chairman, has said the country’s early policy response to the COVID-19 pandemic was effective and now its biggest opportunity lies in moving towards to a more digital and sustainable economy.
5. F1 driver Lewis Hamilton wins his 92nd race and breaks history.
Lewis Hamilton currently holds the record for the most GP wins outright with his 92nd success in Formula 1, one more than Michael Schumacher “I could never have dreamed of being where I am today,” said Hamilton.
6. Covid-19 vaccine to be free for poor health care workers: Telangana Ministers
Telangana health minister has said that the state’s poor residents will get free of cost vaccine once it gets approved. The cost of the vaccine does not matter and should b given free to those visiting government hospitals.
7. There will be no vacation after reopening of colleges: Karnataka CM
After the Karnataka government announced the decision to reopen colleges from November 17, Deputy CM Ashwant Narayan announced the state’s decision to cut down on the number of vacations for online and offline classes. “There will be no vacations, classes will go on. The no. of classes will be as per the calendar of events which is as per the syllabus,” he said.
8. First ever murder hornet nest vacuumed out of tree in US
Scientists have successfully destroyed the first nest of Asian giant hornets found in the US. The nest, in the state of Washington, was found by putting tracker devices on the hornets and sucked out of a tree using a vacuum hose.
9. Sea plane for flights between Sabarmati Riverfront, Statue of Unity arrives in India
A Twin otter 300 seaplane of SpiceJet arrived in India from Male, Maldives, and made a successful landing. The seaplane will be used for flights between Sabarmati Riverfront and Statue of liberty. The seaplane can accommodate 12 passengers and will start operations from 31 October.
10. ‘All citizen in-country will get free covid-19 vaccine: Union Minister Pratap Chandra Sarangi
Union Minister Pratap Chandra Sarangi on October 25 said that all the people of the country will be given free coronavirus vaccine. PM Modi has announced that all the people will be provided free of cost vaccines. An estimate of RS 500 will be spent on vaccination on each person, Sarangi said.