Confused about how to make the best of your myriad accessories? Karishma Shah, owner of Vida Loca accessories shows you the way
* A leather-looking wallet is a must-have accessory for every man.
* Money clips are a great alternative to carrying a wallet. They fit naturally in the front or back pocket and force you to trim down what you carry.
Phosphorus – Rs. 599
Peter England – Rs. 799
David Donahue – Rs. 8000
* Use slimmer, smarter and more stylish yet practical cases for your beloved gadgets.
* Carrying a fashionable bag to work adds to the overall corporate image.
Alvaro Castagnino – Rs. 4999
tZaro – Rs. 1495
NEOPACK – Rs. 1499
Fastrack – Rs. 995
* Your sunglasses should be clean and compliment both your face and the situation you wear them in.
* I recommend that a man have at least two pairs of sunglasses in his wardrobe – a classic, quality pair for everyday use, and a cheaper disposable pair which is in a fun colour for occasional wear which you could change with trends.
Flying Machines – Rs. 595
Farenheit – Rs. 1800
Speedo – Rs. 3750
Joe Black – Rs. 999
Ray Ban – Rs. 5290
* Buy a watch that is dressy yet versatile.
* Style it to suit different outfits for different occasions.
* Wearing a sporty watch with formals is a big no-no.
Giordano – Rs. 7500
Casio – Rs. 1795
Maxima – Rs. 1275
Fossil – Rs. 8995
* Use neon-accented accessories; heat up a neutral dress with hot pumps.
* They’re a two-second wardrobe makeover. An infusion of energetic colour will shock new life into all the basics in your closet.
* The tote bag is something every woman must own. It’s an allpurpose, all-situation bag.
* Own a mix of matt and metallic coloured totes. Carry the matt colour during the day and jazz things up by going metallic at night.
* Buy shoes in fun colours such as pink, red, turquoise and mint and style them to match your outfits.
* A dash of colour in your accessories will add more value to your dressing if you’re wearing your favourite LBD or just a white shirt with jeans.
* When using colours don’t go overboard; stick to mix and matching no more than three colours.
* Go bold with gold – gold coloured base necklaces with chunky crystals and stones, layers of gold chains of different lengths worn together, and bright cocktails rings are few statement pieces that can never go wrong.
* Make sure you wear only one piece of statement jewellery at a time. Focus on a few areas. Don’t overdo it. Keep it bold yet classy.
‘When in doubt wear bling’ is my fashion mantra. A touch of sparkle in the form of a dazzling bag, clutch or sparkly shoes will instantly light up any outfit.
Volume 3 Issue 2