Imagine a campus set in the lush, picturesque hills of Khandala. That is just one of the many perks of an education at Northpoint Centre of Learning
The Northpoint Centre of Learning has an inspiring motto: promote business success by empowering working executives and young professionals with specialised functional knowledge and decisionmaking skills.
Northpoint is tucked away in the highest reaches of Khandala. The campus has state-of-the-art classrooms, world-class accommodation facilities, restaurants and a huge clubhouse for swimming, tennis, squash, gymnastics, table tennis and billiards.
Studies at Northpoint are crafted along the lines of a model that emphasises on all-round development of all students. The imparting of specialised training and skills for particular functions and industries are integrated with the curriculim. Briefly, a student at Northpoint would be familiarised with the following aspects: • A curriculum that is designed by the industry to make all learning relevant and updated
• Training sessions at the hands of practising managers to bring real-life learning into the classroom; more than 80 practising managers and professors visit the programme each year
• Practical learning through hand-son internships in live projects in companies
• Mentoring programme to support student development
• All-round development with focus on personal development – presentation skills, time management, team working, grooming and etiquette, etc.
Ties with the Industry
Northpoint has partnered with and formed associations with several companies where several students find employment after graduation. Some of them are: The Nielsen Company, Lowe Lintas, J WT, Ogilvy, Leo Burnett, Aegis Media, Lintas Media Group, Position2 and Social Wavelength. Over 250 graduates and alumni are currently contributing to professional organisations or their own businesses and have built successful careers for themselves.
Activities at Northpoint
Northpoint lays large emphasis on co-curricular activities in its efforts to facilitate team work, managerial skills, presentation ski l ls, societal engagement, general exposure to business, etc. Various club activities happen on campus, like:
• Industr y interface: Liaisoning with industry professionals to share their expertise; organising industrial visits, field trips, etc.
• Online knowledge sharing platform (ONKEX): A collective pool of resources and articles from various forums, faculty blogs, industry related websites and so on, ONKEX helps students keep up with the latest industry trends.
• Kartavya: This is a social responsibility initiative that reaches out to Lonavala residents on various social and civic issues to help generate resources and create awareness for the organisations that most need them.
• Placement club: The club is a careers service cell that facilitates internships and placements for Northpoint students.
• Sports Club and Art Society: This is an initiative to bring about a greater appreciation of art, music, sports, etc.
Postgraduate Programme Subjects
Marketing Research Advertising Management & Marketing Communications Media Management & Marketing Communications Digital Marketing & Marketing Communications
“The Nielsen Northpoint programme being one of its kind in terms of the entire offering of the curriculum, the learning and the exposure to the Market Research industry, makes it stand out in comparison to any other course in the field of academia. It is a unique combination of the industry and state-of-the-art academic infrastructure in order to groom researchers and leaders for the industry.”
– Mohan Bissa, Marketing Research, 2011, Currently with the Nielsen Company
“A road once trodden, I will tread again. Northpoint was the perfect gurukul for me. It not only enriched me with the finest lessons in media and advertising, but also honed my soft skills, which has moulded me today. Thank you Northpoint!”
– Natalya Saldanha, Advertising Management and Marketing Communications, 2005, Currently with VH1 Inida, Viacom 18
(Clockwise from left) Northpointers graduate with pride; the campus’ main building; Kartavya creates AIDS awareness at Lonavala; the inviting swimming pool on campus
Volume 2 Issue 10