* Two army nursing schools will now function as army nursing colleges.
* The School of Nursing Army Hospital (Research and Referral) Delhi will now be called College of Nursing Army Hospital (R&R) Delhi and will be affiliated to Delhi University.
* The School of Nursing Command Hospital (Central Command) Lucknow will now be called the College of Nursing Command Hospital (Central Command) Lucknow and will be affiliated to Chhatrapati Sahu Ji Maharaj Medical University
* The colleges will now offer Bachelor of Science in Nursing degrees instead of the previous General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) diploma.
* The change has been made to keep up with technological advancements and medical knowledge which facilitates the Armed Forces.
* Mithibai Kshitij, the annual cultural intercollegiate festival of Mithibai College, Mumbai, is scheduled to take place from 21 to 23 November this year.
* The theme for the festival will be ‘Spectrum Ablaze – Rejoice in a riot of colours’ which will bring the vibrant nature of the festival to life.
* Among the many competitions open to college students from across Mumbai for the festival this year are Dark Side of the Spectrum, Pulse, Machete, Blood Spark, Scorch the Floor and many more.
MANAGEMENT ENTRANCE EXAM DATES ANNOUNCED
* Registration dates for Management Aptitude Test (MAT) and the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) have been announced.
* MAT is a widely recognised entrance exam for MBA colleges. Last date for sale of forms is 16 November and for submission is 19 November. The paper exam will be conducted on 1 December and the computer exam will be on 7 December.
* The XAT is an entrance exam for admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) and the Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources Management (PGDHRM) courses at XLRI Institute of Management, Jamshedpur. Last date to apply is 21 December. The exam will be conducted on 5 January 2014.
* Only candidates who have completed a minimum three-year Bachelor degree programme at a recognised Indian or foreign university are eligible to apply.
Volume 3 Issue 5