* The University of Mumbai has signed an MoU with the Bombay Flying Club to start a 3-year degree course for aviation studies which is expected to start in 2016-2017.
* The Bombay Flying club has trained air crew, who are now working as captains and engineers for domestic and international airlines such as Air India, Jet Airways, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Spice Jet, Indigo, Paramount, Kingfisher Airlines among others. Annual fee for the course is Rs1.15 lakhs.
* As of now, pilots and other personnel have been exposed to a rigorous hands-on experience. Introduction of this degree course will provide the appropriate scientific background in terms of quality and content.
* ‘Interactive Multimedia Content’ ensures that the complex subjects associated with aviation and aeronautical training, are taught to the students effectively. BFC also supports Testing Assessment and Grading System (TAGS).
* For eligibility, the candidate should be 17 years of age and must have passed the HSC Examination with a focus in Physics and Mathematics. Also, he/she must carry out the Class II medical test before admission.
* To obtain B.Sc. in Aviation degree, a student has to pass University Examinations, remain medically fit and obtain CPL from DGCA. For details on faculty, fees and curriculum, visit: www.thebombayflyingclub.com