UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS ANNOUNCES INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIPS
* The University of Leeds, UK is inviting applications for Leeds International Research Scholarships which will be awarded to international students commencing their PhD study in January 2015.
* Nine Leeds International Research Scholarships are available for study in any faculty at the University.
* Students who win the scholarship will have their fees covered at the international rate and will be paid a maintenance stipend of £10,000 per year.
* Those interested must first submit a research degree study application form and supporting documentation.
* The candidates’ applications will be rejected if they do not have the receipt of a University Banner ID number. Candidates should also possess a first degree at the undergraduate level equivalent to a UK first class honours degree.
* Candidates may download the application forms from the official website of the University: http://business.leeds.ac.uk/phd/funding-and-scholarships/
* The last day to apply for the scholarship is 16 June.
* The financial requirements for students applying from high risk countries like India, China and Pakistan have been eased in Australia.
* Students from above countries will no longer be subject to the strict Assessment Level 4 and 5 criteria.
* Students from these countries will also be able to apply for a student visa with up to AUD 40,000 (approximately Rs. 21 lakhs) less in the bank,provided their funds are their own or a close relative’s.
* As a popular higher education destination, Australia’s new rules is good news for several students.
LOUGHBOROUGH UNIVERSITY OFFERS UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLOARSHIPS TO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
* Loughborough University International Scholarships is awarding more than 100 scholarships to new self financing full-time students who pay international fees.
* The scholarship will cover 25% of the tuition fee which will be credited to the student’s tuition fee account. Each scholarship will be offered for the first year only.
* International students applying to the University for undergraduate courses will automatically be considered for the scholarship. There is no separate application process.
CALCUTTA UNIVERISTY OFFERS INTEGRATED MLIS COURSE COMMENCING IN 2014
* The Department of Library and Information Science at the University of Calcutta is accepting applications to its five-year integrated Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS) course set to begin this year.
* The application form may be purchased from the university sales counter for a sum of Rs. 250.
* The candidates will be accepted into the programme based on their examination scores.
* Reservations have been set as per rules of the University.
* The last date for the submission of application form is 17 June 2014
* The admission test will be held on 21 June 2014
* The merit list will be displayed on 27 June 2014
* IIT- Bombay has launched its first three MOOCs (Massive Online Open Coursees)
* The sessions for the first two courses, Introduction to Computer Programme (Part 1) and Thermodynamics are set to begin this July. The third course, Introduction to Computer Programming (Part 2) will commence in September. The courses are open to everyone.
* Each session in a course will consist of two to four 15-20 minute episodes. Each episode will consist of a video recorded lecture lasting for about 8-10 minutes followed by a set of practice problems or quizzes.
* Students can learn at any time, from anywhere and at a pace comfortable to them.
* Students may register for an audit at no charge for the initial offerings. Students will be given a certificate of achievement at the end of the course, if they would like one, at a charge of Rs. 1,500.
MBA SCHOLARSHIPS FROM UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF ENGLAND
* The University of the West of England, Bristol, is offering MBA scholarships for Indian, South American, Nigerian, Ghanaian, Nepalese, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Vietnamese, Malaysian and Indonesian students. The scholarships will pay 100% of the fees, £15,000.
* A student will receive only one scholarship from the University.
* If a student is interested in more than one scholarship, they will be awarded one that is the most beneficial to them.
* Applicants will need to provide evidence of the following:
* Career progression and achievement leading to MBA study
* Professional and/or academic development leading to MBA study
* A written testimonial explaining how the Bristol MBA programme will help them better understand the world of business
* Candidates must first apply to the University of Bristol to be considered for this scholarship. They must indicate in their MBA personal statement that they are applying for the 100% scholarship.
* The deadline for submitting application forms for the MBA starting in September is 1 July.
Volume 3 Issue 12