BOF DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
* University of Gent offers doctoral scholarships for candidates from developing countries to study in Belgium and some specific countries. Scholarships are available for PhD students who wish to carry out half of their PhD research at Ghent University and half at a university in a developing country.
* Eligible Students: Candidates need to come from – and have the nationality of – a developing country.
* Course: Scholarships are available for PhD students who wish to carry out half of their PhD research at Ghent University and half at a university in a developing country.
* Award Details: The value of the scholarship at Ghent University depends on, a.o., the researcher’s family situation and is approximately €1.830. The Ghent University promoter also receives a bench fee of €15.440 to cover (part of) the operational costs, as well as the travelling costs of the student and both the Ghent University and the local promoter.
IIM BANGALORE PARTNERS WITH CFA INSTITUTE, VIRGINIA
* On 21st January, 2016 CFA Institute announced that the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) became the first business school in India to become a University Program Partner.
* Partnership conversations with IIMB commenced after Paul Smith, CFA, President and CEO at CFA Institute, was an invited speaker at IIMB’s Centre for Capital Markets and Risk Management.
* CFA Institute is the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and credentials.
* About CFA Programme: The CFA Program sets a standard for developing the skills, standards, competence, and integrity of financial analysts, portfolio managers, investment advisers, and other investment professionals worldwide.
* It is widely considered the investment profession’s most rigorous credentialing program.
* Administered in English, the CFA curriculum and examinations are identical worldwide.
* Less than one in five candidates who begin the program successfully completes it and go on to earn the coveted CFA charter, the “gold standard” for investment professionals.
* The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) believes in building leaders through holistic, transformative and innovative education.
* IIMB is an acknowledged hub of academic activity in India and globally.
* IIMB’s programs are all very highly placed in global rankings by the Financial Times.
* For more information, visit www.iimb.ernet.in
STANFORD RELIANCE DHIRUBHAI FELLOWSHIPS FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
* Reliance Industries Limited generously created the Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program to support Indian nationals living in India who need financial assistance in obtaining an MBA at Stanford Graduate School of Business. The best part is that not only does this fellowship encourage talented and motivated Indian men and women who may not otherwise apply to the business school because of financial concerns but also provides future Indian leaders with the educational foundation to effect positive change in India
* Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows will receive financial support for the cost of tuition and associated fees for each year of the two-year Stanford MBA Program (approximately $140,000 total).
* Within two years of completing their Stanford MBA studies, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows are required to return to India for a period of at least two years to work for an Indian organization.
* Upon their return to India, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows are integral members of Stanford University, Stanford GSB, and Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows communities.
INTERNSHALA CAREER SCHOLARSHIP FOR GIRLS 2016
* The Internshala career scholarship for girls is an annual award of INR 25,000/- meant to help advance one girl’s career in her chosen field. Instituted in 2013, the inspiration for this scholarship lies in the sad coincidence that the Delhi rape victim’s struggle for life ended on the same day that Internshala celebrates its anniversary (29th December).The scholarship is meant to recognise a girl who has fought against odds to pursue a career of her dreams in any field. (Academics, Sports, Arts etc)
* Any girl (an Indian national) between the ages of 17 to 23 years (as of 31st Dec 2015), with a career objective is eligible to apply.
* The scholarship is meant to advance the girl’s career in some way – be it allowance for pursuing an internship or undertaking a project in the chosen field, payment towards a specialized training program, special equipment etc.
* For more details log on to http://blog.internshala.com/2015/12/internshala-career-scholarship-girls-2016/
YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS ACADEMY FIRST CENTRES IN INDIA
* The Young Entrepreneurs Academy, Inc. (YEA!) with Incredible Ideas Ltd, is proud to announce the launch of the first two Academy centers this August in Mumbai and Delhi. The Young Entrepreneurs Academy celebrates the entrepreneurial spirit of India’s youth by teaching students ages 11-18 how to launch their own, real, companies.
* The YEA! class will launch in Mumbai at the American School of Bombay and at the Shri Ram School in Delhi, 2 premier education institutes in India.
* Each YEA! class is designed for 30 students between the ages of 11 and 18 to participate in a 25-week afterschool entrepreneurship program to generate business ideas, conduct market research, write business
plans and pitch to a panel of investors for startup funding. By the end of class, students launch their own,
* To learn more about YEA! visit yeausa.org and yeaindia.com
FIG FOUNDATION PHD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
* FIG Foundation is offering PhD scholarships for applicants from low-income, lower-middle or uppermiddle income economy. The FIG Foundation will be providing scholarships of up to 4,000 euros to
PhD students. Applicant must be studying for a PhD degree and registered solely in a surveying/geomatics academic programme that teaches surveying are eligible to apply.
* Eligibility: Applicant must be studying for a PhD degree and registered solely in a surveying/geomatics academic programme that teaches surveying -in a country listed by the World Bank as a low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy, -must have had a paper accepted by a peer reviewed international journal based on their doctoral research project; applicants should be the lead author, and the paper should be co-authored with their supervisor, should not have submitted their final thesis at the application deadline.
Course: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme. Award Details: Successful applicants will qualify for a further grant of up to 3,000 euros to attend and present a peer reviewed paper at a FIG conference.
* Application Deadline: 1st March 2016
* For more details :http://www.fig.net figfoundation/2016_phd_scholarship.asp
NATIONAL HELPLINE FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS TO HELP DEAL EXAM STRESS
* Fortis Healthcare is running a helpline program as a continuing service for the benefit of the students appearing in the forthcoming examinations as part of the Fortis School Mental Health Program.
* The program has a helpline number +918376804102 on which students or parents with queries related to stress, mental well- being related to exam can call and consult a team of Mental Health specialists.
* To reach out to students and parents, like every year, this study and exam helpline will have a counsellor available seven days a week for anybody who is struggling to cope with exam related concerns.
* Dr. Samir Parikh, Director of Department of Mental Health and Behavioural Sciences, Fortis Healthcare Ltd. says “We have launched our National Helpline on which our Psychologists would be available from 9 am to 5 pm, 7 days of the week to guide students and their parents and provide crisis intervention as well. The idea is to ensure that if a student is struggling with their thoughts or feelings or are stuck and unsure about how to proceed further with their preparations, there is ready guidance available.”
Volume 5 Issue 8