Let’s resolve to make environmentally friendly and ecologically responsible decisions to protect the environment so that future generations can enjoy its natural resources. Let’s GO GREEN!
Choose the option that is closest in meaning to the main word and complete the sentence.
1. environment (en-vahy-ruh n-muh nt)
The clear blue sky and the luscious green meadow of the countryside provide the perfect ___ to recover from the stress filled city life.
(a) surrounding (b) scenery (c) setting
2. conservation (kon-ser-vey-shuh n)
_____ of natural resources is necessary to prevent damage caused by humans.
(a) restriction (b) protection (c) measurement
3. toxins (tok-sins)
Corporations are now heavily fined for irresponsibly releasing _____ in the water supplies.
(a) poisons (b) pathogens (c) electrolytes
4. recycle (ree-sahy-kuh l)
The activists staged a skit advocating the use of environmentally-friendly products and teaching how to _____ plastic articles.
(a) reuse (b) dispose (c) alter
5. compost (kom-pohst)
The children collected the leaves they swept off the lawn and made a pile of_____.
(a) twigs (b) fertilizer (c) garbage
1 . A , 2 . B , 3 . A , 4 . A , 5 . B
The clues will help you find the answers to complete the word pyramid. Each answer must contain the previous
answer. You may arrange the words with a new letter.
Hint: Start from the top
1. Used to indicate ‘and’ eg. salt _ pepper
2. Abbreviation for nanogram
3. Short form for English
4. The basic unit of heredity
5. Class or category or type
6. Category to indicate male or female
7. A small explosive thrown by hand
8. Psychotic or mentally unsound
9. Rejected a religion, cause or group for another
10. At risk of extinction
Volume 5 Issue 1