WHEELING MONEY IN
Automobiles have had a profound effect on our lives and the automobile industry that began in the 1890s with the invention of the horseless carriage has now turned into a highly capital and labor intensive industry worth almost a $1000 billion.
Choose the option that is closest in meaning to the main word and complete the sentence.
Since the ____ provides cushioning in case you bump your head, it is always practical to replace it whenever it sags or falls.
(a.the outer covering of the roof b. the interior covering of the roof c. the bonnet)
The new range of car tyres has a wider ____ to prevent cars from sliding on snow and ice.
(a.patternb. hub cap c. spoke)
With a huge engine that facilities extremely fast acceleration, the Top Fuel ____ is very popular among race drivers.
(a.jalopy b. convertible c. racer)
4.Dodgem (doj-uh m)-
The main attraction at the amusement park is the _____ where children and adults wait for they turn in serpentine queues.
(a.rollercoaster b. bumper cars c. pendulum)
Although ____ is more efficient than petrol, it doesn’t result in flashy high-speed performance.
(a.gasoline b. diesel oil c. compressed natural gas)
1. B, 2. A, 3. C, 4. B, 5. B
The clues will help you find the answers to complete the word pyramid. Each answer must contain the previous answer. You may arrange the words with a new letter. Hint: Start from the top
1. Abbreviation for East
2. With reference to
3. To sift
4. To taste by sampling
5. A deep shade of purple or blue
6. A state of calmness or rest
7. One who testifies or gives a deposition
8. A person who makes predictions in sports or politics
9. People who have been expelled from a country
10. Used to indicate the number of steps taken by walkers/ runners
11. An instrument in an automobile that indicates the rate of travel
Volume 5 Issue 6