* The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad has launched 11 new Management Development Programmes set to begin this academic year.
* With the launch of these new programmes, there are now a total of 77 MDPs offered at IIM-A.
* The new programmes include:
1. Doing Business Abroad
2. Business Dispute Resolution: International and Domestic Arbitration
3. Family Business: Organisation, Strategies, Internationalism and Succession
4. Employee Engagement: A 3D Approach
5. Strategic Transformational Training Methodology
6. Industrial Relations: Changes, Challenges and Responses
7. Business Turnaround and Organisational Transformation
8. Managing People for Excellence in Healthcare
9. Designing Systems for Developing Internal Talent
10. Leadership Pipeline
11. Psychological Assessment and Psycho-metrics
* The University of Shanghai for Science and Technology is inviting applications for international students to take advantage of their scholarship programmes.
* The university is offering three different scholarships – a full scholarship, a partial scholarship and a scholarship for outstanding students.
* Eligibility norms:
1. Applicants pursuing a doctorate should hold a master’s degree or equivalent and should not be over the age of 40.
2. Applicants for a master’s degree should not be over the age of 35 and should hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
3. Bachelor’s degree applicants should not be over 25 years of age and should have a high school diploma or equivalent educational qualification.
* Students may apply through the university’s official website.
* Last date for submitting applications is 30 September 2014.
A 1-YEAR MBA PROGRAMME IN INTERNATIONAL MARKETING LAUNCHED BY MDIS
* Management Development Institute Singapore has launched a 1-year comprehensive programme in international marketing, in collaboration with Bangor University, UK.
* The curriculum includes fieldwork and classroom activities, and the institute provides placements once the course is over.
* The course is spread over eight modules and also includes various extension programmes for capacity building.
* The English language requirement for application is IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of at least 5.5 each in Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
* For outstanding students, both academically and socially, MDIS may consider providing scholarships.
Volume 4 Issue 1