* Inlaks Fine Arts Awards invites applications from young artists in their formative years to develop their creative talent.
* The Award is worth Rs.3,00,000/- for a period of one year.
* The awardee will attend an art residency programme within India for a period of four weeks during the course of the year.
* The applicant for this award should be a young emerging artist under the age of 30.
* The applicant may be a recent graduate/post-graduate or a final year student from a leading Indian institute for visual arts. No student of a first year masters programme can be considered.
* Interested students can visit http://inlaksfoundation.org/inlaks-fineart-award. aspx for further information.
POST-GRADUATE INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP FOR SINGLE GIRL CHILD FOR PG PROGRAMMES
* In order to achieve and promote girls education, UGC has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child with an aim to compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels especially for girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family.
* Any single girl child who happens to be a only child or twin daughter or fraternal daughter in the family is eligible. However, if the family has one son and one daughter, then the girl child will not be considered for scholarship under this scheme.
* The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college.
* Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
* This scholarship is available to PG-I year girl students only.
* For details, visit http://www.ugc.ac.in/sgc
POST GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR PROFESSIONAL COURSES FOR SC, ST CANDIDATES
* The scheme has been initiated keeping in view the social background of the candidates from the deprived section of the society to provide them opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Indian universities and institutions in professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy, etc.
* There are up to 1000 scholarships available for SC/ST candidates to pursue postgraduate level studies in professional subjects at recognized Indian universities or institutions.
* The candidate must have obtained Graduate degree in the relevant subject and obtained admission at Postgraduate level for regular full time course in any of the professional subjects in a recognized university or institution.
For further information, visit http://www.ugc.ac.in/pgsprof
* The Chancellor’s International Scholarships are allocated annually via a combined postgraduate research scholarship competition and are open to all overseas students in any discipline offered at Warwick.
* There will be 25 Chancellor’s International Scholarships available to be awarded to the most outstanding international PhD applicants.
* The full payment of overseas tuition fees, a maintenance stipend in line with RCUK rates is included in the scholarship.
* Applicants can be from any discipline.
* For details, visit http://www2.warwick.ac.uk
ADITYA BIRLA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR MBA STUDENTS
* The Aditya Birla Scholarship Program is the Group’s way of pursuing Mr. Aditya Vikram Birla’s ideals of pawning leaders with a passion to excel.
* Scholarships are awarded to MBA students who want financial assistance in pursuing their higher studies.
* The Aditya Birla Scholarships cover a large part of academic fees as well as the hostel fees for the IITs / BITS stream and some part of the tuition fee for the management and law streams. The scholarship amount is up to approximately Rs.2,00,000 per annum for IIMs/ XLRI students and LAW students and up to approximately Rs.70,000 per annum for IIT/BITS (Pilani) students.
* The Aditya Birla Scholar will be assessed on qualitative and quantitative parameters to judge his/her excellence on the academic and leadership front. This assessment will help determine the continuation of the disbursement of the Scholarship amount and the honour of continuing as “The Aditya Birla Scholar”
* For more details, visit http://www.adityabirlascholars.net
KERALA GOVERNMENT PRATHIBHA SCHOLARSHIPS IN BASIC/NATURAL SCIENCES
* Scholarships are awarded in the field of Basic/Natural Sciences.
* Scholarships are available for pursuing B.Sc. / Integrated M.Sc. programme.
* Students who have qualified with minimum aggregate marks of 90% or equivalent grade for all subjects and minimum 95% aggregate marks or equivalent grade for all science subjects for the higher secondary Board Examination are eligible for this scholarship.
* A total 100 scholarships are available out of which half is set-aside for girl students.
* The scholarship’s duration is for 3 years of the Degree course. The scholarship can continued for their
M.Sc. course or 4th year of their Integrated M.Sc. course subject to conditions.
* For more details, visit http://www.kscste.kerala.gov.in
Volume 5 Issue 3