HARVARD UNIVERSITY SET TO OPEN OFFICE IN MUMBAI
* To increase research and academic work with its associates, the esteemed Harvard University is going to open international offices in India, China and South Africa, according to Vice Provost for International Affairs Jorge I. Domínguez.
* HU awaits the permit of the Indian government to establish their office in Mumbai.
* The Indian office’s proposal is still in its developing stages and hopes to receive an approval this summer.
* These new offices will then join 16 other offices across the globe.
EDZILLA, EDUCATING RURAL INDIA
* Edzilla is a low-cost and user friendly tablet powered by solar energy that makes learning fun by using different tools and activities that enable kids in rural India to have an extraordinary experience.
* Dr. Rajugopal Gubbi and Mrs. Prabha Mysore, the founders of EdZilla, putting in their efforts into this intuitive surface aim to develop technology based solutions to improve the quality of education in rural India.
* Textbook on tablet is one of the solutions that bring the school syllabus content onto these tablets.
* Edzilla operates by collaborating with existing NGOs and provides them with this technology.
ONE SCHOOL GOA: TWO NEW COURSES
* The One School Goa is pleased to anounce that starting in September 2015, they will offer India’s first 3-year Degree Program in Photography & Multimedia.
* This intensive 3-year course covers both theory and hands on training.
* OSG is also offering a 1-year course- the Foundation in Visual Communication
* It is ideal for students who have decided to take a ‘gap year’ before pursuing their higher studies and want to build on their creative portfolio.
* Their mission is to strengthen students’ abilities in creative and critical thinking by combining rigorous studio art practice with innovative academics.
ARUNACHAL TO GET ITS 1ST ENGINEERING COLLEGE
* Arunachal welcomes the setting up its first government engineering college with the Union HRD Ministry approving the establishment of the college to help provide technical education.
* This has been a long awaited demand and has finally been fulfilled and would cater to the technical educational needs of the students of all categories.
* The new engineering college will not only facilitate the students to get engineering degrees with inadequate financial involvement but also reduce economic burdens of poor parents.
* The foundation stone for the college would be laid by Chief Minister Nabam Tuki at Toru on April 15 next.
GERMANY – GREEN TALENTS AWARD 2015
* The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) has held the prestigious ”Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” since 2009 to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas.
* The 2015 award includes an invitation to visit Germany in 2015 to participate in the fully funded two-week science forum. While touring Germany, the award-winners will have access to top science and research institutions that will offer unique insights into their work.
* Fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of the award-winner´s choice in 2016.
* Exclusive access to the “Green Talents Alumni Network” of 130 high-achievers in sustainable development from over 40 countries.
T.I.S.S. LAUNCHES COURSE ON VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
* Karandikar Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. (KLPL) ,an IECEx & NABL recognized Test Laboratory for Electrical products used in potentially hazardous areas partnered with TISS to launch short term courses on Personnel Competency in Hazardous Areas for Industrial Safety.
* This course helps deal with human errors that cause accidents in explosive atmospheres due to lack of adequate training of the employees working in these areas.
* The courses are a first of its kind with a focus on job specific skills rather than providing only a broad based education, where the skill can be learnt by engaging in on-the-job training along with classroom theoretical inputs.
* These courses will assist in making the Managers, Supervisors and Operators in such industries fully conversant and competent in ensuring Safety in the various operations in hazardous areas.
Volume 4 Issue 11