Indeed, thats the life we all wish to have. It drives you to complete motivation. The NAEMD Orientation Day program held at Bhaidas Hall, Vile Parle (West) on Aug 5, stirred this same motivation and fervor in the heart and mind of young enthusiastic students and their equally fervent parents.
One of the commendable aspects that made the event exemplary was that NAEMD had managed to bring many eminent industry professionals from the events, media and entertainment industry under one roof, taking the significance of the event to new heights. This speaks volumes of the institute’s reach, association and credibility amongst industry stalwarts.
From sharing insightful viewpoints on the nuances of working in this industry to shedding light on its future, growth rate, and opportunities, these business leaders gave a good outside-in perspective of the Event Management industry and its offshoots to the aspiring attendees.
Here are a few highlights from the pearls of wisdom that they shared:
- Tanaz Basrur- She’s an esteemed Event Professional with 35 years of Work Experience in Event & Entertainment Industry. She set the tone of the afternoon with a bang, through her inspiring talk. She shared many secret mantras in the field of Event & Entertainment Industry.
- The next speaker, Mr. Riyaz Khambati- Business Head- Tyger Productions (A Division of Percept Ltd. India). He spoke on the interesting field of trending Live Events, citing examples on how Live Events are gaining utmost popularity and the efforts that goes beyond for the success of the Events.
- Aditya Kedia- Operation Director, Seventy Event Media Group (70 EMG). He brought light as to Events is fast paced, it’s a growing industry that’s expanding and changing day by day and there is always the opportunity for you to learn new things. Exhibition is one such sector. He mentioned that Government itself is showcasing many exhibitions, which adds to the prospects of the Event Manager.
- Vivek Rao- Senior Producer, QTP Entertainment. He brought to our notice that, in a world of information overload, literary festivals can offer us valuable opportunities to focus on what is really important. He cited example of Edinburgh Festival, last year it contributed million of additional spending to the city’s economy.
- Hemal Bhagwat- She conducted another equally inspiring talk, as Founder & Director of Mercury Integrated. She introduced the students to the world of Destination Wedding. Emphasizing upon the challenges that one may face, she gave the audience a real world picture of this industry, one that is much beyond glamour and glitz. She concluded that, though the glamour element is the most visible, its actually a saga of grit, determination, and perseverance.
Another aspect that added appreciation to the day was the partnership of NAEMD with NGO activities like DaanUtsav. The committee members of DaanUtsav were present to guide the students to work, while rooting to the values & ethics of one.
They concluded Events are all about planning and DREAMING AFTER ALL IS OF FORM OF PLANNING. So dream and live an adventurous life!
With a proven track record of producing best quality event management professionals for over a decade now, NAEMD can very rightly be called the best in the event management education today. It has gained a record gratitude as ‘Asia’s First & Best Event Management Institute’ by Limca Book of Record. They also secured appreciable place in the list researched by Times B School. It is the proud recipient of Asia’s Best Institute for Event Management award at the Asia Education Summit for 2017, 2016 & 2015, Mid Day Excellence in Event Management Education- 2017 and the India Education Excellence Award – 2014 & 2013.