ART OF ENGINEERING
Engineering has played an integral role in human civilization right from the construction of the Pyramids, the Parthenon and the Eiffel Tower to the launch of the International Space Station, the most complex scientific and engineering project in history.
1. pragmatic (prag-mat-ik) –
A combination of reasonably compassion based ethics and a ____ approach is the best way to solve many problems.
(a. rational b. practical c. strategical)
2. recondite (ri-kon-dahyt)-
Because genetic engineering is so complicated, only candidates with an advanced degree choose to work in this ____ area of research.
(a. analytical b. intellectual c. esoteric)
3. contrived (kuh n-trahyvd) –
On losing his eyesight, Louis Braille _____ an ingenious system of reading and writing for use by the blind.
(a. translatedb. devised c. modified )
4. adroitly (uh-droit-ly) –
The Renaissance witnessed an emergence of many famous sculptors who _____ turned a lump of clay into an object of beauty.
(a. mysteriously b. skilfully c. creatively)
5. paradigm (par-uh-dahym)-
The discovery of penicillin served as a____ for future research of antibiotics effective against many bacterial infections.
(a. pathway b. clarification c. model)
1. A, 2. C, 3. B, 4. B, 5. C
The clues will help you find the answers to complete the word pyramid. Each answer must contain the previous answer. You may arrange the words with a new letter. Hint: Start from the top
1. Singular pronoun referring to the self
2. What 3.141592+ is also known as
3. A pointed and tapering end
4. A unit of liquid measure
5. A variety of purple or white viniferous grapes
6. A drink with medicinal, poisonous or magical powers
7. A part or section or share of a whole unit
8. A protein of muscle tissue involved in contraction
9. Rotating the hand with the palm facing downward
10. The antiparticle of the proton
11. A mechanical device or gadget
Volume 5 Issue 12