NEW BUSINESS SCHOOL OPENS AT LONAVALA, MAHARASHTRA
* iFEEL, a residential business school, has opened its doors in Lonavala. The school offers a two year PGDM programme with specialisations in finance, human resources, marketing and operations.
* The course is recognized by AICTE and will focus on providing personal experiences, management lessons and wisdom to students.
* Recipient of the Dharni Sinha award for social innovation, Dewang Mehta Award for a business school which encourages innovations that lead to better development, and Best Young, Asian Residential Value for Money Business School with Global Connect at the Asian Education Leadership Awards, the school has a number of accolades to its credit.
* Its Entrepreneurship Cell ranks fifth in the IIT Bombay National Entrepreneurship Challenge and the college’s RAIN lab (Reflect, Act, Innovate, Nurture) boasts of faculty from Malardalen University, Sweden.
* They began the academic year of 2014-15 with a programme themed ‘Ignite, Involve, Innovate, Inspire’ on 26 July 2014.
ONGC OFFERS SCHOLARSHIPS TO SC AND ST STUDENTS
The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is offering scholarships to choose SC and ST students pursuing careers in engineering, medicine, business administration, geology and geophysics.
* ONGC is awarding 500 scholarships to Scheduled Class (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) students worth Rs. 48,000.
* Out of the total number of seats around 50% seats reserved for girls only.
* Courses available through scholarship are engineering, MBBS, MBA and master’s degrees in geology and geophysics.
* The scholarships are spread across five zones in India, offering 100 scholarships in each zone.
* To be applicable, the annual income of the applicant’s family should not be more than Rs. 4.50 lakhs per annum (i.e. Rs. 37,500 per month).
* Age limit of the applicant is 30 years and the deadline to send in applications is 30 September 2014.
* Declaration of results will be on posted on the ONGC website by mid-December.
BRITISH DEPUTY PM ANNOUNCES NEW AWARDS
* The UK’s Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg visited St Xavier’s College, Mumbai for a special interaction with the college’s students.
* He opened his talk-cum-interaction with a few comments on strengthening ties between the UK and India through various initiatives in the near future.
* He also revealed the introduction of the Dadabhai Naoroji Award in the realm of commerce, education and culture.
* The award will be run by the British Foreign Office and will be announced annually.
* It will be handed over to outstanding individuals bring about profound change in areas of commerce, culture and education.
HDFC LIFE AND MANIPAL UNIVERSITY LAUNCH PF DIPLOMA IN INSURANCE
* Two of India’s respected brands, HDFC Life and Manipal University have joined hands to launch a PG diploma in insurance.
* The launch of the course comes as great news to those looking to make a career in the field of insurance.
* Those who successfully complete the course will be placed at HDFC Life and will be given a starting remuneration of Rs. 2.5 lakhs per annum.
* The launch of the course is a great way for students to increase talent in the finance sector like banking, insurance and financial services.
TRA ANNOUNCES THE MOST TRUSTED INDIAN INSTITUTES
* TRA (Trust Research Advisory) recently released their report on India’s Most Trusted Educational Institutes for the year 2014-15.
* The study considered 7710 institutes across 40 different cities.
* The respondents – students, teachers and parents – were asked more than 700 questions. The collective data resulted in a total of more than 7 million data points collected across more than 20,000 hours of fieldwork.
* Out of the 30,000 colleges selected to participate in the report, only 1000 were shortlisted.
* This report lists India’s 1000 Most Trusted Educational Institutes, India’s Top 200 Institutes on Academic Parameters and 120 of India’s Most Preferred Courses.
* The concluding report listed 10 colleges across the country, out of which Hindu College, Delhi, IIT, Delhi and Loyola College, Chennai took the top three positions.
Volume 4 Issue 3